If you have an Opera browser and aren’t happy with the features it offers or its interface, you can switch to another browser that best suits your needs. Using the Windows Control Panel, you can successfully uninstall your browser.
But for much deeper removal, you’ll need to check for files or data in the folders found on the drive. Therefore, in this article we will show you a Tutorial for permanently deleting the Opera browser.
How to remove Opera from your computer’s ‘Control Panel’?
If you want to remove the Opera browser, yes you want to have another browser as the main one On a computer with a Windows operating system, here in the Watch How It’s Done section we will tell you how to do it through the control panel.
Find the ‘Opera Stable’ option
- The first thing we recommend is to close all programs to clean your computer system much more and without interruption.
- Then, on the taskbar, click the start button and a menu will open with several options. Locate the control panel and click on it to open it.
- After opening the panel, select the option that the program says, then the programs and features.
- Below is a list of all the programs you have installed on your personal computer.
- You should search for Opera Stable. And right-click or uninstall.
- Now you have to wait a few seconds for the Opera browser to automatically uninstall.
Browse and delete files
When uninstalling any program, this often leaves the folders unattended, so you have to delete them manually, so you need to search the computer in the Opera folder located in C: Program Files n once you have located it. right-click and click delete.
For a much more advanced and complete uninstallation, you’ll need to clear your Opera browser user’s cache and find two hidden folders, and we’ll tell you exactly how to do it.
Remove “Hidden Folders”
As we mentioned earlier, you need to find two hidden folders, but before you can do this you need to enable the option to show hidden folders, drives and files located in the file explorer. And the steps you need to follow are:
- On your personal computer, find the taskbar and click the Windows Start button.
- When you click the Start button, a menu with several options will appear, which you need find the file explorerEven if you have trouble finding it, you can use the search bar.
- Once you’ve successfully accessed the file browser, you’ll need to click on the tab that says the view at the top, and then click on the options on the right side of the screen to open a new window.
- In the new window that we just mentioned, place the tab you saw and click on it, that is enable or activate the option we are looking for Show hidden folders, drives and files, just click Apply and finally accept.
- Now you need to find the following C folder: User username AppData Roaming Opera Software, just find it when you find it.
- Now we need to delete a second hidden folder, which contains all the user’s cache, the path to the folder is: C: User username AppData Local Opera Software
- When you finish removing these two hidden folders or rugs, all the mechanical components of the Opera browser will be permanently removed from your personal computer.
If you regret uninstalling Opera in the future you want to retrieve that browserThere is no need to worry about this, just visit us official website and download it again. And if you want to update your browser, you don’t need to uninstall them, and the new download will replace all the old files.