MacOS Big Sur is one of several features that seeks to provide a better user experience, among others customize different aspects of your Mac. Specifically within the settings, you will find customize and change the folder colors to your liking.
Although it may seem like a simple fun event, adding different colors to each Finder folder is really a a very useful feature that benefits your organization and productivity. It is well known that color psychology has a significant effect on the response you may have to a stimulus. Now, by assigning a specific hue to each of your frequently used directories, you’ll be able to identify them more quickly, link them to a mood, and make them much more visually appealing. Continue reading and learn how to add your own personal touch to your folders.
How can you change the icons on your MacOS Big Sur images?
In addition to changing the folder, you prefer it directly change the shape or image of the icon, know that you can also get it, so you choose to identify it with a symbol that really represents the content or has a certain meaning for you. This involves the following steps:
- The first thing is that you have copied new icon if you want to set it up, it’s much better if it’s in .icns or .png format.
- Next, go to the folder or application icon you want to replace with an image and click on it.Get the information”.
- You will see a window with all the features of the app you can find the current icon in the upper right corner.
- Click on this icon and press “cmd + V” at the same time. paste new image. Close the window and the change will take effect immediately.
How do I change the color of folders or files?
Now, that’s definitely what you’re looking for change the tone of a folder, it is also possible to keep the original icon, with this you get to represent each of them in a special way, the process you need to follow is as follows:
- The first thing you need to do is “Get the informationIn the folder you want to customize, remember to do this by right-clicking.
- Position the folder icon at the top right of the newly displayed panel, click on it, and go Edit menu and select copy.
- Now in the Spotlight browser (enter Command + Spacebar at the same time) type “Preview”To open the application.
- In the section above, click on the “File” menu and then “New from the clipboardYou can also press “Command + N” to see the icon of the previously copied folder.
- Now in the top section, select the “Tools” menu and click on “adjust the color”.
- There you will have all the options icon color setting, through the level bar, Exposure, Contrast, Points of Light, Shadows, Saturation, Temperature, Tone, Sepia and Sharpness, until you are satisfied with the adjustment and display.
- The next step is to select the icon image of the newly edited folder by going back to the “Edit” menu and select the “Select All” optionYou can also get it by pressing the “Command + A” keys at the same time.
- Copy image with key “Command + COr “Copy” via the “Edit” menu.
- Return to the “Get Info” window in the folder you want to change, click on the original icon and press “cmd + V” at the same time paste the icon with the new colorYou can also do this by going directly to the “Edit” menu and selecting the “Paste” option.
This completes the process of changing the tone of your folder, you should know that you can also add text to the “Preview” icon via a text box. As you can see, the system is very versatile and its customization is quite extensive, you’ll also be interested in learning how to change your MacOS username.
Does changing the color of a folder affect its performance?
If you’re concerned about changing or customizing the tone of any folder on your MacOS Big Sur, which may present some inconvenience to use, rest assured, the option you can use is equally available. apple official website It has instructions for this. With this you have no effect on the functionality of the file or using the folder, on the other hand, will be a positive aspect, as it will suit your preferences.
What colors are available to customize your folders?
Basically, the full range of colors available in your profilethat is, you can adjust the color of your head to any symbol in your folder by setting the brightness, contrast, and more. If you still can’t find a specific folder to customize its color, it might be a good idea view hidden files or folders on MacOS.
What is the best way to organize your home with colored folders?
The layout of your desktop is completely personal, it will depend on your usage needs and also on the frequency, which is important to maintain a more accurate design, it is certain that there will be icons according to the colors. they help a lot to identify a folder faster.