If you want to know how you can do it Create users and groups with Windows Server, keep reading this article. Basically, we will explain in detail all the domain and non-domain methods that you can apply to perform this action.
We will also describe the existing permissions, the types of users available, and the steps to follow to create those permissions without any problems with a Windows Server domain.
What permissions do users and groups have within Windows Server?
Windows Server users and groups are essential to accessing and controlling the information they handle. Therefore, you need to know that permissions are available different types of users and groups Inside Windows Server.
For example, for being a member For groups with Windows Server, you can take action to create folders shared with Windows Server. Well, this works perfectly if you want to work with your team. These permissions vary by user and group type.
How many user types can you create with Windows Server?
Based on the above, it should be noted that they are different types of users that may arise With Windows Server, these are:
- Windows Server users and groups without domains (Local). This procedure applies when Windows Server 2022 does not have a domain driver. So users need to be native.
- Windows Server users and groups with the domain (Active Directory). This option applies when the Windows Server 2022 domain is already created.
How do you create a non-domain (local) user or group?
Now you need to know how to create a (local) user or group without a domain. All you have to do is follow this simple procedure:
- Right-click on the Start menu and then select the phrase “computer management”.
- Go to the “Local Users and Groups” section.
- Then you will see two options. There, enter each to see the default content.
- Then, to create the user, go to the “Users” folder. Then right-click and sSelect the “New user” option.
- Enter the data required by the user and configure the “password” section. There, you can set some password options.
- Click “Create” and the user will be created locally immediately.
- To edit user settings, you can access user properties.
- There, a window will appear. In the tab, you can “member” add a new user to a new group by clicking “add”.
- Enter the group name in the pop-up window. To add this group to your user profile, click “accept”.
- To create a group, Go to the “Groups” folder and right-click. Then select “new group”.
- Enter the data for the group.
- If you want, you can add a user in the “add” section. To save your changes, click OK to end the process. select “create”.
- Follow up to validate the user face to face in this new group.
- To check how it works, sign out and sign in.
- Finally, with Windows Server, you can create a non-domain (local) user or group.
What steps should I take to create these permissions with the Windows Server domain (Active Directory)?
If so, you need to know what steps to follow to create these permissions Windows server services with the domain (Active Directory). Here are some of them:
- Go to the server manager and select “Tools – Active Directory users and computers”.
- Go to “Users”. There, you’ll find domain users and groups.
- In the top menu, right-click in the field, and select “New – User”.
- Enter the appropriate user data and password. There you will notice that the structure is different with the domain, because it is necessary to access the user.
- Click “Next” to set the password. In other words, you can reset the user’s password on Windows Server.
- Set parameters, and click “Finish” to save the changes.
- Access user properties to edit permissions.
- Go to the “members” section and in the pop-up window (to add the user to a group) click “add”.
- Select the group and add it by clicking “apply” and “accept”.
- Right-click and select “New – Group”.
- Enter the group name, in this way its type and scope.
- Click “Accept” to create a group.
- You can add users by clicking “add:”
- Select user.
- Click “accept” and you can see it added.
If you have problems creating it For Windows Server users and groups, you can follow the following methods:
- Turn on network discovery on Windows Server to determine if your carrier can find other computers on the network.
- You can also request help from the official Windows Server page. This will allow you to fix any bugs you may have. Finally, if you follow these methods with and without a domain, you can Create users and groups with Windows Server.