Installing a program on our computer is a fairly simple procedure, all you have to do is wait for the installer to follow the instructions and start up. Conversely, you don’t need to uninstall apps usually a little more tediousBecause you do not have the files and data collected by this application at first glance, you may be mistaken for thinking that you are deleting the program by deleting the shortcut from your desktop.
Nothing could be further from the truth, you can follow several paths to uninstall an app from Windows 10, via command linesIf you want to free up memory, reduce resource consumption, and speed up your computer’s performance, keep reading and learning how to remove unnecessary applications.
What commands are needed to uninstall programs using CMD?
The main advantage of uninstalling a program from your computer, through the CMD command window, is that the process runs without the need for further user participation and runs in a more straightforward manner. It also offers advantages over the control panel and configuration panel some applications have restricted this option in these menus. With all of these features in mind, it’s time to explain exactly how to remove CMD applications from your computer:
running the ‘wmic’ command
The command we present to you has two basic functions, the first is to inform you of all the applications installed on your system, from which to extract the name of what you need to uninstall. the process is as follows:
- Come home and type “CMD” in the search box. You will be shown the opportunity “System symbol”.
- Right-click on this application and select “Run as administrator”, If you do not access administrator privileges, you will not be able to uninstall a program using commands.
- Enter next “get wmic product name “, will show you a list of program names available on your computer, make a note of what you want to uninstall.
‘Uninstall using product name =’ Application ‘command’
Once you have fully identified the software to be uninstalled, the next step is to run its uninstallation using the command below:
- “wmic product where name = “Name“call uninstall“Of course, you need to replace the name section with the exact” name “of the program.
- Confirm with “Y” or “Y”, uninstall process.
- At the end of the process, the system sends you the following message: “Correct execution of the method”.
Command ‘product where name = “iCloud” call uninstall’
Execution of command lines for uninstallation also allows you to perform a full uninstallation with no more requirements than the code itself. The structure is quite similar to the previous one, only different at the end of the statement:
- “wmic product where name = “Name“call uninstall / nointeractiveRemember to replace the “name” section with the exact name of the program. Also, in this case, at the end of the process, the system sends you the following message: “Correct execution of the method”.
With this single command the app will be completely removed from you Windows operating system, this is, they will not ask you for prior or subsequent permission to enter. If you accidentally uninstall an application, you can only have it on your computer by installing the original package.
Why can’t you uninstall programs using CMD on your Windows 10 computer?
You may have difficulty uninstalling applications from your computer for a variety of reasons, both through program list settings and even with orders you have just met.
Why is this happening? The most common case is with applications original windows 10 interface programssuch as weather, calendar, camera, calculator, Xbox console friend, etc. And the fact is that the system does not anticipate that you have to do this, the bloatware takes into account, in these cases the application of the system symbols will not be enough.
Other reasons that prevent you from completing a program removal are related to downtime uninstall software from that application Particularly well-known and effective resource for these situations is the CCleaner app. With it you can run the deletion of any program if you specifically request it.
This platform the cleaner is very simple and intuitive, just select the “Tools” option to delete a program and then select “Uninstall”, this will show you a list of installed programs where you can select everything you need, click “Uninstall” and delete it.