In the world, continuous use computers and electronic devices, they have brought in some pretty important opportunities. That’s why they keep important password-protected things with them. These file, folder, image, and even document protections can be obtained with the same Windows operating system.
From there Microsoft’s official website, we find the steps quite effective protecting our system. In this article, we’ll cover every way to protect Windows folders with a password. It serves as a security guide to protect the files we store on our computer’s operating system.
Is encrypting a folder the same as protecting it with a password?
Many people in the world may subjectively use the words “Encrypt” and “Password,” assuming that these words have the same meaning. However, this is completely wrong, because the two things are not the same.
The password is, in principle, a file lock mode or protect them with a key, numbers, or words. You can put a key in the Windows folder so that only those who know it can access it. Files and folders will continue to be displayed so that you can access them, and to see what they contain, you must enter your password.
Now, the encryption of a folder or file is applied within the algorithm, a set of passwords set in letters, numbers, and symbols that make no sense at first glance. In short, encryption is worth it hide the text of a file from view.
How can you protect your folders?
If you want to password protect your folders so that you can use them every time you log in, you need to consider the following steps:
For Windows 7 how to encrypt a folder It’s not usually complicated, but there are a few steps that need to be followed in writing:
- Using the file explorer, find the folder you want to block.
- Right-click on it.
- Select properties.
- Click on “General”
- Enter advanced options and click “Encrypt”
- The data will be password protected and you will need to click “OK”
For the operating system Windows 8 and Windows 10Please note that the system does not allow you to encrypt folders and files on your Windows PC. to encrypt a compressed folder.
If you decide to find an external application, it is best to find one that is reliable for your computer. One of the most popular is the Secret Folder app.
What do you need to do to protect your ZIP format folder in Windows?
Use a ZIP format to protect a folder or Compressed within Windows 8 or 10. You can do this through the steps below.
- Each file to be compressed will be selected using the file explorer.
- Once this is done, select the “Send” option and then click on “Compressed Folder” (ZIP).
- There you have to follow the instructions and instructions to register and save the file.
- Once compressed, right-click and select “Add Password”
- There you have to fill in the required information and then click on “Accept” to create a compressed file with a password.
How can you hide your folder from the file explorer on your computer?
Another way is to hide files and folders inside an image using the file explorer on your computer. To do this, follow the same steps for Windows 7, 8 and 10 operating systems. The steps are:
- You need to right-click on the folder or file you want to hide.
- Once this happens Click on “Properties”
- A tab will appear and you have to enter “General”, in the section that sets the Attributes, you have to add “Hidden”.
- Once approved, the file will be found this way. If the file is still in the directory, the next option must be enabled.
- With the Windows Explorer file explorer, you need to click on the “File” option
- There, you need to select “Options” and then the “View” tab
- in folders or hidden filesYou need to click on the “Do not show files, folders or hidden drives” button.
- To view these hidden files later, you need to follow the same instructions with the click side “show files, hidden disks and folders”.