When we have a phone and download applications, they usually ask us to link our social networks to them as part of the permissions to use them. Other times, it is to prevent the user who downloads the application from having to create an account in the application, but simply associates one of the social networks that you have and that is related to the application.
However, by granting permission to the application to have our social network associated with it, you will have access to personal information found on social media, which makes it a total risk for other malicious people. they can steal our information. That’s why we’ll teach you how to unlink applications from your social media.
How to revoke Apps permissions on each of the social networks?
Have you ever wondered how many apps you’ve downloaded have your social media linked to? You probably don’t remember how many apps you’ve associated with your social media. But applications often ask you associate some of your social networks and out of obligation you do it if you know what consequences this link can bring.
Commonly, when we sign in on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, many of the sites and applications offer us to connect their platforms with some of the social networks. This is very beneficial, as you will be able to access websites and applications more easily, but it is still very risky. In addition, sometimes we delete apps that we no longer use, but we forget to disconnect our social network from it, even if the app is disabled, it still has our information and that is why we have to delete that information.
On the other hand, the applications to which we associate our social networks often have much more information than we imagine. For this reason, it is extremely important that we be able to read correctly and carefully the terms and conditions of the application before accepting them. Since, from the moment you accept the terms and conditions of the application by associating it with your social network, it will have access to your personal information on the social network.
Likewise, by associating them, malicious malware may have infected your account or the followers you have, your account may also be hacked.
Linked to my Facebook account
One of the most used, popular and largest social networks in the world is the Facebook platform. Because, it allows users around the world to stay connected with their friends and family. In addition, it allows you to update what you do in your daily life by posting photos, videos, stories and even allows you to send private messages. But even so, it is one of the networks that many of the applications ask you to associate them with your platform and to detach it from these applications, you will have to do the following:
- Log in to Facebook from your mobile app or computer.
- Then enter the “Settings” option.
- Then enter the option of “Apps and Websites”.
- Once you have logged in, you will be able to see all the apps and websites to which you have your Facebook account linked. There you can select the app or website you want to unlink from your Facebook account.
- Now that you have logged into the app or website, you will need to click on the “Delete” option and your account will be unlinked from that app or website.
What does my LinkedIn data use?
Another social network that is often used to link to applications is the Linkedln social network. This is considered one of the best tools for any professional who wants to connect with other people developing their career. However, in this social network not much personal data is shared on this, but still there is some information that could be stolen and use against you. Now to unlink apps from your Linkedln account, do this:
- Log in to Linkedln.
- Click on the profile picture of your account.
- Now click manage in “Settings and privacy”.
- Then enter “Partners and third parties” in the list on the left.
- Then you have to choose the apps and click on “Remove” that you want to delete to unlink it from your account.
From my Twitter
One of the networks that is also widely used worldwide and very popular, is the Twitter platform. However, it is another social network that we often associate with many of the applications we download in order to access that app. That is why it is necessary to detach this social network from some of the applications to avoid any theft of personal data. Now to unlink Twitter from applications, you need to do the following:
- Log in to Twitter from a computer or mobile app.
- Then enter your profile picture icon.
- Then enter “Settings and privacy”.
- Then go to “Applications and Devices.”
- Afterwards, you will see all the apps and websites to which your Twitter account was linked, all you have to do is remove the link.
When they access my Pinterest account
It is best to unlink your Pinterest account from the applications you have associated with for greater privacy and security, for this you must do the following:
- Log in to your Pinterest account.
- Then enter your profile picture.
- Now enter “Settings”.
- Then enter “Apps” and see the applications linked to your account.
- Finally, select “Revoke access and delete” this way they will be unlinked.
What particular apps are used to unlink all social networks?
An app that you can use to unlink all your social networks from the apps, is MyPermissions Privacy Cleaner. In addition, it is very easy to use to eliminate your social networks and you can download it in the app stores.