Today’s technology is so important that one of the devices that has been in vogue over the years is the Smartwatch. These clocks connect via Bluetooth you can see and do many things answer calls and messages, or use applications on your phone.
But there are other things you can do and that’s it use Google Maps location to get to a specific destination, but see the signs on your Apple Watch, but you need to set up the app first and we’ll teach you how to do it.
How do I turn on location services to use Google Maps?
One of the tools best suited for these times is Google Maps. You can with him see where you are, you can see the streets of the community where you live or anywhere in the world. You can also mark the places you travel the most so that you can set a route.
In order for you to have each of these functions that you sign up for, you need to turn on all location services What Maps gives you. To do this, follow the instructions below:
- Turn on your phone and swipe the notification bar at the top of the screen
- There you will see the ‘Location’ option, tap it and the GPS on your mobile will be activated
- If you want to edit the location accuracy provided by your mobile phone, tap and hold the ‘Location’ icon and enter ‘Advanced settings’.
- In this section you click on ‘Location Accuracy’. This allows you to control how accurate your location is
What do I need to do to add a specific location, such as work or home?
If you have already set up the accuracy of the locations that your phone will give you when you connect to Maps, you may want to set the location of your home or work. Maybe I’m doing it accuracy of test location what your mobile phone offers you, or have it with you, if you use it.
You can set this up from your computer or phone. That’s why I we’ll show you how from any of these computers. Let’s start with computers:
- Download the app Google Maps on your mobile phone or open the Maps page from your computer browser and sign in to your account if you are not logged in
- At the top left you will click on the three lines menu
- Now click on ‘Your Places’ and click on ‘Tags’
- Depending on the address you save, click on ‘Work Address’ or ‘Home Address’
- You will now enter the coordinates of the location you want to save and then click save, this way it will already be marked on Maps. You can also send it to a friend via WhatsApp or Facebook
If you want to do this From an Android phone or with an iOS system:
- You can download and install Maps from your mobile app store
- Now you can open the app and sign in with your Google Account data, if you don’t, you can create one
- The tag you touch here will be an icon
- There you click on ‘Your Lists’ and then ‘Tagged’
- You have to choose which type of address to save, the options are ‘Home Address’ and ‘Work Address’.
- Now enter the address of the site you want to save and click the save button
How do I get directions to an Apple Watch address?
If you have an iPhone and want to see the directions you need to follow to get to a certain place using your Apple Watch. That’s why we’ll show you how to do it from the web or Maps:
On Google Maps
If you’re on Google Maps from your phone’s web browser, you can share directions to a specific location with your Apple Watch. You go for it wherever you are and then the place you want to go. Here, you can turn on the dark mode to save energy if you wish.
As you load the results, you will be able to ‘Send instructions on how to access your mobile phone’. These indicators will be sent to the Apple Watch application in the same way it will pass the data to your smartwatch.
You’ll be able to access the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, view the Maps here, and open it. Then you have to do it open the menu and click on your tracks if you have already set it up. If you want to follow a new route, click on ‘How to get there’, this is an icon for a traffic sign. In addition, you can learn how to set up mobile data on your watch so that it does not depend on a Wi-Fi network.
Here you go wherever you are and then you set the destination. This will start sending instructions to your Apple Watch and from there you can follow the route.