With the exponential increase that remote work has undergone in recent years, it has become essential to apply various digital platforms to smoothly systematize the tasks to be performed, one of the main has been Microsoft Teams.
A tool that brings together various options, including a calendar for organize events and meetings by dateincluding participants who need to get involved, if you are interested in learning more about this option keep reading.
Where is the Microsoft Teams calendar?
Microsoft Teams is much more than just a work tool, in fact the application you give is at your complete discretion, although it is undeniable that its features are specially designed for work teams, so the agenda is an important point to keep day.
Although this center makes the work process much simpler, due to the easy access to files and forms of communication, it can be a bit invasive if you do not choose to remove the automatic start of Teams. As for the calendar management, within the same Interface you will find an option that allows you to manage the equipment more efficiently.
In a shared calendar on a channel, meetings can be scheduled for members of that channel without the need to involve the rest of the team. A practical example would be to arrange a meeting with the sales department without the human management department being invited.
Why doesn’t it appear on my device?
Once you decide download Microsoft Teams and start exploring your options, you may not be able to view the shared calendar option because for the first time you must always add it to the channel. Thus, each time you schedule an event with the required members, a post will be updated with the details to notify those involved.
What do you have to do to show it?
Make sure you update Microsoft Teams and keep the members of each channel up to date so that your route within the interface is as optimal as possible. Then you can start the process of setting up a shared calendarto be displayed on your main computer panel:
- Initially, you need to run Microsoft Tems and open the “Computers” tab, which places it in the left pane of your screen.
- The next step is to click on one of the computers, to immediately choose a channel.
- In the center screen you will see several tabs and at the end the “+” symbol, which corresponds to “Add a tab”, you will click on it.
- A new window will appear with different applications, if you find it difficult to locate the “Channel Calendar”, just start typing your name in the search box and you will see the result immediately.
- Click on it and a brief description of the program will open, confirm with the “Add” button.
- Then you must assign the name of that calendar and click “Add”. It will be ready to use as one more tab of the working channel.
The view of this calendar is available per week, in order to keep short-term goals in sight, although it can be adjusted to the day, so you will only see the pending date of the current date, also per work week, which means from the Monday through Friday, or weekly, where you would see the whole week.
What is the procedure for scheduling a Teams meeting?
Keep with good configuration the various aspects of the profile of this interface, it is vital especially if your corporate environment is quite strict, it is advisable to use a profile picture in Microsoft Teams, which is in line with company policies. In the same way and with the same seriousness, take care to schedule the necessary meetings.
Since Outlook and Teams are allied platforms, are intercommunicated to link both calendars, that is to say, you must consider that with the creation of activities or events in the calendar of one of these, it will be sufficient to show it in the other. To get started scheduling a meeting within a Teams channel, you will initially need to:
- Open the channel calendar tab, double-click on the date and time intended for the meeting or event. Keep in mind that if you click on a block of time, you can more easily indicate the duration.
- Fill in the fields, with special emphasis on adding the “Required Attendees”, as soon as you type the name of the participants you will see the contact below for you to click on it. You can also speed up this process by pre-creating an “Outlook group”
- To finish, click on “Send”.
Remember that these events are private and will only be viewed by channel members. Another very valuable feature of the platform is the range of active participants it supports, which currently stands at a thousand people, while as observers, it amounts to ten thousand.
What do you need to do to anchor your calendar to your Teams startup?
As you pick up the pace of Microsoft Teams, you’ll find it increasingly useful in your daily work, especially if you make the most of the benefits of shared calendars. You will find that you do not need to go to the calendar tab to create an event, but you can schedule meetings from the meet button.
With all this information, if you handle the free version of Tems, you probably want to add the one at once direct access to the calendar at the beginningthis is achieved only by clicking on the three-point icon in the left menu, select “” Calendar, and once it appears in the panel right click on it and choose “Anchor”.