Facebook offers us different tools that we can use in it and apart from that it is one of the most used social networks worldwide, it can be said that it was one of the first to appear. In this social network we can perform various actions from posting videos, photos, text, sharing posts to sending and sending us messages. In addition, it has now integrated other functions to make it a better social network.
However, this social network has lent itself to many things such as bullying, harassment and more, which is why many users want to maintain better privacy with their accounts. Now, one of the ways in which these problems can occur is through the messages of the platform. That is why power is important control who can send us messages And that’s why we’ll teach you how to prevent strangers from sending you messages.
Who can send me messages via Facebook Messenger?
Generally, the people who can send us messages through Facebook Messenger, are those that we have added as friends in our Facebook account, which have a great advantage for send us any kind of message without any problem. However, people we don’t have added to our Facebook account can also send us messages, but sometimes these messages are left in the message request tray.
In addition, we may receive messages from people who are in the Marketplace, companies, or pages with which we have already interacted. We may also receive messages from people who are on Facebook Couple or from people with whom you have connected through a job offer on the platform, in itself there are various people who can send you messages.
What should I do to change my message settings?
Currently, we can edit the settings of our Facebook account in terms of messages and we can control whether we want to receive a message or not. For this you will have to do it directly from the Messenger mobile app which is much easier and there you can configure if you want to receive messages from your friends or other people.
Now from this setting you can decide whether you want to receive the messages he sends you in the chat tray, in the request tray or simply do not receive any message request.
However, to set up the messages you want to receive or not, you will need to perform a very simple procedure from the Facebook Messenger app and the steps are as follows:
- Log in to the Facebook Messenger app.
- Click on the profile picture in the upper left corner.
- Now scroll up the screen until you find the “privacy” option and enter it.
- Then click on the “Message Delivery” option.
- Then you will find the options to set up your account and decide who you can receive messages from.
- Once you decide which people you are going to prevent from sending you messages, you will find three options that you can select which are: Chats, Request messages and Do not receive messages.
Is it possible to prevent anyone from contacting me on Facebook?
The truth is that it is possible to prevent anyone from contacting you through Facebook, but you will have to set up your account and you will have to restrict some functions so that people I can’t find you or contact you. Now, it will be your decision to want to increase the privacy of your account to prevent other people from contacting you or not through Facebook. If you want to set up your account to avoid being contacted, you’ll need to do the following:
- Log in to the Facebook app or on the website.
- Then enter the “Settings and privacy” option.
- Click on the “Settings” option.
- Now look for the “How can others find you and contact you” option and enter it.
- Then, choose the option in which you want to prevent someone from contacting you and select the option that prevents you from performing that option and you’re done.
How can I silence Facebook Messenger alerts?
Facebook Messenger offers a variety of tools to communicate with the people you want. Whether it’s texting, audio, calling, or even video calling. However, sometimes we want to do not receive any notification or message alert and that’s why we want to disable this option either for a period of time. You can now make this option to turn off notifications for one or all conversations.
From the Android or iOS mobile app
- Enter the mobile app.
- Click on the profile picture.
- Then tap the Notification and sounds option.
- Now press the “Yes” switch to mute notifications.
- Then in the window that appears you select the time you want to set to not receive message notifications and you’re done.
With the Facebook website
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Select the Messenger icon and enter the “Show All” option.
- Now click on the three horizontal dots at the top left.
- Enter “Preferences”.
- Then click on the “Notification Sounds” switch.
- You can also click on the “Do Not Disturb” switch to not receive notifications in a short period of time and ready.
What do I need to do to re-enable Facebook message reception?
If you want to allow people to receive messages from Facebook again, you will need to re-perform the procedure you did when you denied receiving messages, and this procedure is as follows.
- Log in to the mobile app on either Android or iOS.
- Tap on the profile picture in the upper left corner.
- Click on “Privacy”.
- Then click on the “Message Delivery” option.
- Then you will find the options where you can re-enable the receipt of messages on Facebook and you’re done.