If you want to know the way you can boot your Windows PC using a USB stick, keep reading this article. Basically, we will explain what you need to know to perform this action from the BIOS settings. You will also learn how to create bootable USB flash drives with Windows 10
What to do to enter the BIOS on your PC?
The easiest way to install an alternate operating system on your PC is to boot it using a USB stick. Therefore, you mainly need to know what to do for enter the BIOS on your PC.
Considerations for entering the BIOS
Well, in that sense, We explain some considerations that you must keep in mind, to enter the BIOS; In the first instance, you have to turn off and on again your PC or restart it. On the boot screen, they will tell you the button to press to open the BIOS or Boot Men, this way, you will be able to answer your question on how to boot your Windows 10 computer from a USB Pendrive.
- The following menu will appear: “[Tecla] to enter Boot Menu “,” Press [Tecla] for boot device selection menu “,”[Tecla] Boot Menu, Boot Menu [Tecla]”y”[Tecla] to enter Multiboot Selection Menu “.
- To access the BIOS, you must press the [tecla] BIOS set by the manufacturer.
- Generally, the key to enter the BIOS, it should be “F12.” But, this varies depending on the type of version you have installed on your PC. Therefore, other options could be: F1, F8, F9, F10, TAB or ESC.
- It is worth mentioning that there may not be a key on the Windows boot screen. Therefore, stop enter the BIOS of your PC, you will have to click on an F key on each reboot until you press the correct one. Then write it down so you don’t forget it later.
- This way, you will be able to enter the BIOS for boot your Windows PC using a USB stick. Within the menu, you will see a list of available drives (your internal disks and external drives). In this context, you only have to recognize the USB with which you want to boot by pressing the arrows on the keyboard and pressing “enter.”
How can you set the order in which your devices start?
Now, you have to know the way you can set the order in which your devices start. Here’s how to do it from Windows 10 and Windows 8 or earlier:
With Windows 10
With Windows you can access a recovery system 10, to easily set the order in which your devices start. To do this, follow the steps below to start your PC.
- Open Windows 10 settings.
- Navigate to “upgrade and security” “recovery” options.
- Then look for the “advanced startup” option.
- Click the “Restart Now” button. This will restart your PC. There will be a menu where you will access “troubleshooting” and then “advanced options.”
- Then go to “UEFI Firmware Setting” o UEFI firmware configuration. This utility restarts the system and takes you to the firmware configuration.
- Go to the “Start or Boot” tab. By default, you will find the hard drive, but when you view the options you will notice that you can set the desired boot order.
- To choose an option, simply use the arrow keys to select the USB drive option and press “save and exit.”
- This way, when you restart your PC again, Windows 10 will follow the same set order.
In Windows 8 above
In Windows 8 or earlier, also you will be able to set the order in which your devices start easily. Also, through this system, you will have access to a classic boot menu. To do this, follow these steps:
- To view advanced boot options, start your PC.
- Then access the setup menu using the keys at the same time: Windows + I.
- Swipe down and use the link: “Change PC settings.”
- On the General tab, look for the “Advanced Startup” section and select “Restart Now.”
- Another way to do this is to press the F2 or DEL key when the PC boots to enter the BIOS.
How to boot your PC from a USB easily?
You have to know the way you can boot the PC from a USB easily. To do this, with your PC turned off, insert your USB memory, press the power button, remember that you must download Windows 10 from its official websitethis handle ensures you have reliable software
- Press the key indicated on the screen (F10 or F12).
- Use the appropriate key to boot your Windows PC.
- There, the boot menu will appear.
- Select with the arrows on the keyboard “USB-HDD.”
- Press “enter.”
- You can immediately boot your Windows PC using a USB stick.
What if your BIOS doesn’t have the option to boot from a USB?
If your BIOS does not have the option to boot from a USB, you can do the following; Create a bootable USB flash drive that could help you boot your Windows PC when it can’t start automatically. The best programs to create a USB Booteable are: Rufus, RMPrepUSB and YUMI, Finally, in this article we have explained in detail how you can boot your PC from a USB