We always store important things on our computer that we want to have for work or personal things. If we have partitions or multiple hard drives, we can do one thing so that all the information is not confused. rename to make it easier to identify units. So in the presentation we will know exactly where to go.
We will show you in this article how to change the identified hard drive name or the hard drives on your computer, even if we have a computer running Windows 10. There are several ways to do this from the same tools that the system gives us in a basic way. It’s easy and here we show you how to do it.
How do you change the font on a Windows disk?
Now how can we change the lyrics of the album? Next to the name of the hard drive is a capital letter that appears in parentheses and is used by the system. determine what is inside and it is reflected in the statistics, for which we must follow these steps:
- We second click on the Windows logo that opens the start menu
- In the list we include Disk management. Here a main window opens with a list of discs and their graphics
- We second click on the drive where we want to change the font
- Among the options we choose Change the lyrics and paths of the disc.
- In the window that opens, click Change.
- We assign the letter we want to change inside
- And finally Accept the changes to take effect.
Note: It is not recommended to change the drive letter of the operating system to avoid reading errors, and even more so if a hard drive has an access lock.
What are some methods you can use to set the disc name?
in Windows 10 version We can change the name of the disk drives we have on our computer in a simple way and with a few steps. There are several methods or tracks on your discs to change this name:
- Drive properties
- Symbol Manager
- PowerShell console
In this article we will show you step by step how to set up your computer depending on your storage needs, the name change is used to organize and easily identify where our files are stored.
Using the properties of the unit
To rename the disk drive using unit properties, First we need to go to the Windows 10 file explorer.
- Right-click on the drive you want to rename
- Click Properties This option is the last one below
- A pop-up window will open in the box where we type the new name
- Click Apply
- Accept and save changes
With the symbol manager
To perform this procedure using the symbol manager, you must first open a command prompt with a shortcut Windows + R.
- We copy the CMD to the run window.
- We copy the following to the console C: WINDOWS / system32> tag:
- We provide input.
What can I do to change the name from PowerShell?
If you have replaced the CMD command prompt on your computer with PowerShell, the first thing you need to do to make this change is to enter it through this PowerShell shortcut. Windows + X following these steps:
- Then type Sconfig and enter it to open the configuration provided by PowerShell. Enter 2 To select the Computer name option and enter.
- Enter a new name to change and then enter.
- Then, in the window that appears, it asks us to restart to make the changes and we click on YES.
- The computer will restart and rename when you restart.