One of the best things about Windows 10 is that it allows you to sync computers that are connected to the same wireless networks. All computers running Windows 10 have a feature allows network sharing to export or import files from one computer to another.
This feature will be active while computers are connected to the same network. However, we’ll show you soon how to activate assisted mode and network location. We’ll also explain why sometimes you don’t turn on shared usage and how to view folders that you share online.
What are the steps to detect and use Windows 10 network sharing?
Sharing files and activating network location is easy for anyone you know to do. The different options available to Windows 10. However, if you are unfamiliar with the system, it is important to follow a specific process.
Below you will see what you need enable network location and file sharing on your computer.
Update to Windows 10
Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 have access to network location functionality and file sharing. But these editions of Windows are old, that’s why most of the time they fail. Therefore, you need to upgrade your computer to Windows 10. To upgrade to Windows 10:
- Download an ISO file
- Make a bootable USB
- Perform a clean install of Windows 10
If you switch to Windows 10, you can install it from scratch no partition of the system remains on the top hard drive. Please note that this system may disable programs running in the background to improve computer performance.
Once installed Windows system, you can see how the computer connects to the use of shared networks.
Check your device’s connection to the same network
If you’ve already switched to the Windows 10 operating system, you’ll need to run the first step in the process use network services that is, connecting your computer to the same network:
- When your computer is connected to the same network, go to the taskbar
- On the taskbar, find the network icon in Windows
- Once you’ve found it, locate it and right-click on it
- Make sure your network is secure
- Now, on the taskbar, click the icon that looks like a magnifying glass
- You’ll enter the phrase ‘Control Panel’ in the search bar
- From this panel, you’ll need to put the phrase ‘Network Center’ in the search bar and open the first result
- Then click the ‘Change Sharing Settings’ option.
- Finally, check the ‘Activate usage with any user …’ box and click ‘Save changes’.
When all this is done, it would be nice to see how to create a Windows printer shortcut like this using other computer printers connected to the same network.
How to remove network sharing in Windows 10?
Sometimes it is good and recommended disable network sharing Inside our Windows 10 computer Why do we say this? Well, not every time we connect to the Internet, we do it through a private and secure Wi-Fi network.
In such cases, it is recommended to disable file compliance. See what you need to do disable data sharing on your computer:
- Go to the control panel
- Go to the search bar
- When searching, enter the phrase ‘Network Center’, then select the first result of the search
- Then select the ‘Change settings to share’ option.
- Check the box for ‘Disable network detection’ and click ‘Save changes’
You need to keep in mind that something can help the team they don’t have many failures when connecting to wifi networks, is to delete the Wi-Fi network logs you have connected to.
Why isn’t network discovery enabled in Windows 10?
When Windows location is not enabled on Windows computers, this is the case for some PC device problem or with the network. When this kind of thing happens, you should try at least three things:
- Restart the computer
- Try another internet network
- Replace the computer’s Wifi card
If one of these three things is not valid to solve the problem, you should visit the website Microsoft Technical Support seeking help. Is this website a last resort? what remains available to fix the error. If you can’t even figure out how to fix it, you have no choice but to call a technician.
How do I know which files or folders I’ve shared on a network?
If you want to know all the directories you have shared on the web, that is, where others have access, you need to do the following:
- Open the Windows File Explorer
- Go to the address bar
- Click on it, enter ‘ localhost’ and press ‘Enter’
- Immediately, you’ll see a cover (or folder) that says ‘User’, and you’ll see folders that you’ve opened and shared with other computers.