With Signal you will be able to have better communication with all your family and friends they are not near you. Once you try this app, you will be delighted with how easy it is to handle. On the other hand, Signal not only offers messaging with individual chat, but you can also create groups within them and which will consist of one or more group administrators and the other members.
Now, if you create a group in this application being your administrator, you will have great advantages, like kicking someone out of the group you no longer want to be in. That’s why in this article we will teach you how to kick a member of the group in Signal.
How can you report a member to the administrator?
With the Signal application you can chat with your friends and family with a high security that it offers to its users, letting them know that it is better with its encryption than other applications. Also, in Signal you can set up a group where you have multiple users added and changes within the group, only the group administrator can do this and this is a great advantage because it provides greater security.
However, if you are in a group where you notice irregularities on a specific member and you want that member to be expelled from the group, this request will need to be notified to the group administrator.
This is because the administrator will be the only one who can remove you from the group. Now to report a member to the administrator the simplest thing is to send a message to the private chat so that he can know the request and from there he will make the decision to remove him from the group.
How do I leave a Signal group if you are the administrator?
The Signal platform will offer you various services where you can send instant messages to the people you want and at the same time you can create a group where you want to share a particular topic or a group of friends and family. In case you are the group administrator, you will have privileges on the management of the group.
Now, if at any time you want to leave the group being your administrator, you can do so from any of the devices where you have downloaded the application. Also, remember that there are two different groups in Signal called “New Signal Group” and “Old Signal Group”, in these groups there are different procedures to be able to leave the group that we will teach you here.
- New Signal group:
- Sign in the Signal mobile application.
- Open the group chat you want to leave.
- Click on the group name.
- Then scroll to the end and there you will find the “Leave group” option.
- Finally, select the option to leave the group.
- Old Signal Group:
- Enter the application.
- Now join the group chat to leave.
- Then click on the group name.
- Now scroll down to find the “Leave group” option and select that option.
- Then confirm the group quit by clicking on the “Yes” option.
With an iOS device
- New Group:
- In your phone I entered the Signal application.
- Then enter the group chat to leave.
- Now click on the group name.
- Then scroll to the end of the group information until you find the option to leave group.
- Finally, you have to click on the “Leave group” option and in this way you can leave the group as a whole.
- Old group:
- Enter the Signal application.
- Then find the group you want to leave and join it.
- Then tap on the group name or header to see the chat settings.
- Next, find the Leave group option and select it.
- Finally, he presses to leave the group to leave.
How do I remove a specific user from the group if you are an administrator?
A group administrator in Signal has a lot of sales regarding changes you can make from changing your profile picture, group name, adding more members, deleting chat messages to eeliminate some of the members of the group if necessary.
Also, in case you are the administrator of the group and you want to eliminate one of the members of the group, you will have to take a few small steps that will not take you much time and these are the following:
- Enter the Signal application.
- Open group chat.
- Click on the profile picture or group name.
- Now all the information of the group will appear to you and there you will have to look for the member to eliminate.
- Once you find the member, you will have to press on it until you get some options.
- Then scroll to select “Eject from group”.
- Finally, click on delete.
Can you tell Signal to permanently delete a group?
When you create a group in the Signal application, you will notice that it is quite secure by the procedure that is followed at the time of the request to create the group. However, if you are a member of a group on Signal wherever you are the administrator or a member, and you no longer want to be in that group, or you want that group to be completely deleted, you may need make a report to the application platform.
However, there is no possibility where you can report to Signal to permanently delete a group. Since this only the group administrator can do this, now if you are the group administrator you can permanently delete the group. Now, if you are only a member you will not be able to do so and the only thing would be to tell the administrator to perform this action.