Manage the data consumption Applications on your iPhone or iPad should be a topic of great interest, as even when you don’t notice them, many of them are maintaining a continuous network connection, which exponentially raises your traffic metrics.
IOS devices have a built-in system that allows you to identify the traffic level of the applications installed on the internet, with this you have the option to make adjustments to stabilize the monthly expenditure of data.
Which versions of iOS allow you to monitor network traffic?
Natively, all iOS devices are set to accurately track the volume of data consumed, both total and application-specific. After increasing the signal of an iPhone or iPad, it is normal to increase considerably the number of bytes used, because at times when before it was not possible to establish the connection, now it is.
Precisely many apps take advantage from each time window in which you have an internet connection, to download updates, add-ons, reports and more. At the end of the day, you have passively exhausted a significant amount of data that you should analyze.
How can you monitor internet usage on an iOS device?
When you are looking to save or reduce the data consumption of your mobile device, it is logical that you are interested in knowing which applications are most in demand and based on this, be able to make the decision to completely uninstall or simply suspend consumption by means of cellular data.
Obtaining this information is fairly straightforward, achieved through system configuration options or third-party applications such as VPN for iPhone and iPadright now we explain in detail how to know.
From the device settings
If you’ve decided to temporarily turn off iPhone or iPad apps because you’d rather stay completely focused on a task for a certain amount of time, you should also make sure you’re not consuming unnecessary data.
Be it your motivation, or simply save on spending on cellular datathe easiest way to adjust it is to use the function included in the configuration of your mobile device, you get it as follows:
- The first thing is to open the Settings, there it is located “Mobile data”(On mobile) or“ Cellular data ”(from iPad) and click on it, this is the command center where you can see and modify the network traffic of the different apps.
- You will see one list of apps than with your current data usage status.
- To evaluate the cost of individual system services, just click on the name option “System services”, Although on these resources you will not be able to exercise modifications.
- To find out the total data consumption of an app so far, just select the “Current Period”.
- You can also evaluate apps that have spent data while away from your usual location, in which case click on “Current roaming period”.
- If you own double line on your mobile device, you will see the option to evaluate the consumption of the SIM chosen for data usage.
Using VPN Security
Assuming you are interested in setting up and connecting to a VPN, also known as a Virtual Private Network, we recommend My Data Manager VPN Securitya multifunctional software whose main purpose is to shield your browsing security on your Apple device, but has a set of extra functions quite beneficial.
Basically, it routes your web connection, making it difficult to track and thus preventing attacks, viruses, or any risky situation to which you are exposed. expose with your IP address. This service is particularly useful when you connect to insecure networks or because you want access to platform content, which is not available in your geographic location.
However, in this particular case we will take advantage of the function of network monitoring which VPN Security offers. After you install the app and access it:
- Click on the menu icon and choose “Applications”.
- You will then see a list of apps, choose the tab “Mobile”.
- They will appear in descending order applications according to their consumption of cellular data in a given period.
How to choose the applications that are allowed to consume internet from an iPhone or iPad?
From your Apple mobile device, you can decide which apps will continue to spend your cellular data. you can disable them.
From the Settings menu, go to “Mobile data / Cellular data”, and proceed to swipe the right button, so the application will exclusively set wifi connection. Now, with My Data Manager VPN Security you also have a feature that allows you to set the mobile data consumption plan on your device, as you see fit.
To do this, in the application menu choose “My plans”, There you can adjust a maximum consumption rate and even create proximity alerts to the established total consumption, all very useful options in terms of managing the traffic of your data. Remember that the more optimized you keep the connection settings on your iPhone or iPad, the more efficient your browsing will be and the lower your consumption charges.