Windows is one of Microsoft’s greatest creations. Several versions of the system have been created and in each of them noticeable improvements in its operation can be seen. The look and feel of Windows File Explorer has also been greatly improved to the point where you can do things now change the folders icon.
Maybe you wanted it for a long time change the icon to your folders Windows 10, but you didn’t know how. Well this time you will learn how to do it. We will soon explain the conditions that an image must meet in order to be placed as a folder icon, how to change the icon of a folder, and other things.
What are the requirements for using your image as an icon?
To be able to put a particular image as an icon in a folder, this is important meet certain conditions. If the image doesn’t have these types of proper features, don’t worry, at least you’ll know what to correct.
Dimensions and size
This image, which you place as an icon for this folder, should be 32 x 32 pixels in size. As for the weight of the image, it’s not something that matters much, after all. the system will not interfere with you in terms of image size. In addition to using the folder icon change, you can use the exact folder order in Windows 10.
Before I mention that image size It didn’t matter much, that’s very true. However, in order to place this image as an icon in any folder, it is important to place the image in the ‘ICO’ format. This is the format of all icons, including those used by Windows programs.
The image format available to you should probably be PNG or JPG. To convert this image to ‘ICO’ format, you can use a program called ‘IrfanView’, which can be downloaded. the official website of the program. Once you have the program, just do it you need to put the image he and become.
What do you need to do to customize your folder icon in Windows 10?
Once you have the icon ready, you need to learn how to attach it to folders. First, we’ll explain how to change you icon to your personal folder Windows 10.
- Put it on your computer desk.
- Click your personal Windows 10 folder.
- Seeing that you have selected the folder, right-click on it.
- Then click on ‘Properties’.
- Within the properties of this folder you will be taken to the ‘Customize’ section.
- Then choose the ‘Change Icon’ option.
- In the new window that appears, click ‘Browse’.
- Find the icon you created with the help of IrfanView in the file browser.
- Select it, then click the ‘Properties’ window to accept the changes.
How can you use an image on your computer as a folder icon?
The only way to put an image in JPG or PNG format as a folder icon is to convert it to ‘ICO’ format and then put it in the folder. It was explained in the previous paragraphs how to change your folder icon Found on Windows desktop. Now, see how it’s done from the file explorer:
- Take the icon you want to change and move it to the ‘Downloads’ library.
- There, right-click on that folder to select the ‘Properties’ option.
- Within possessions You will be taken to the ‘Customize’ section.
- Next, click on the ‘Change Icon’ option to click on it.
- In the new box, select the option that says ‘Browse’.
- It will pop up in the windows explorer window select the icon you want to put in the folder and click ‘OK’.
- In the ‘Properties’ box, click Apply and then ‘OK’.
How to use a PNG image as a folder icon in Windows 10?
The only way to use a PNG image as a folder icon is to preview it in the Windows 10 folder. To some extent, this would not be to place an image as an icon, but rather the image would be displayed in the folder. See how to put an image in a folder preview:
- Find the folder where you want to preview the image.
- Right click and click ‘Properties‘.
- Then go to the ‘Customize’ section.
- Click on ‘Select file ‘.
- Select the image and click ‘OK’.