So far Facebook is one of the most used apps in the world, so it is used by most users Messenger app so you can chat with your Facebook friends. On the other hand, those who use this app usually customize the colors or themes in each chat, making the experience a little more fun.
In addition, users who go to the Facebook web platform can also customize the color of their Messenger chat whenever they want. Therefore, below we will show you how to remove the default Messenger theme and change its colors.
How can you change the chat theme or color depending on the device used?
With the tremendous tools that Facebook is developing, we can make the adjustments we want to our profile and change the default simple colors to the ones we prefer. No matter which device you access Facebook or Facebook Messenger from, you can change the chat theme to the color and layout you want.
On your computer (Application and Web Messenger)
No matter if you don’t have Facebook Messenger on your mobile device or phone, you can change the subject and colors of your chat from your computer or PC. However, unlike applications, the chat background on the web platform will not change color, but you can change the colors of message bubbles by following these steps:
- Enter Official Facebook website and log in to your account as you normally would, and then find the chats you want to change the theme and color.
- Now, click on the person’s name to chat, to display the chat settings menu, you need to press “Color”.
- To finish, select the topic you want to chat with and click “Save”, then save the changes and display the new topic in the chat.
From the iPhone
On the other hand, if you have an iPhone device, you can remove or change the default Facebook Messenger theme in a very easy and fast way. Your Messenger chat will only need a few seconds to adjust your preferences or settings by following these steps:
- Log in to the Messenger account on your iPhone app, and then select the chat you want to change the theme or color.
- Then you need to tap the person’s name to display the chat options menu, where You must select the “Color” option.
- When you enter this option you can see different themes or colors in the chat, just select one and click “Save” to remove the default Messenger theme.
On your iPad
So if you have a Facebook Messenger app on your iPad and want to change or remove the default chat topic you just have to follow the instructions above. The Messenger app works the same on all iOS devices, whether you’re using an iPhone or an iPad.
In the Android app
Also change or remove the default messaging chat colors It’s very easy on all Android devices and will only take a few seconds. In addition, you can do it whenever you want and with any chat, group or individual, you have to follow these steps:
- Log in to the Messenger app on your Android device and sign in to your account, then search for the chat you want to change the color of the theme.
- Now, click the options button, replaced by an “i”, you can see at the top of the app.
- Finally, we select the “Themes” option and choose the color we like best and then click on the “Apply Color” option and it will be saved automatically.
How do I turn Messenger’s ‘dark mode’ on and off?
In addition to being able to change the colors or themes of the Messenger chat, the app offers you many tools, which will make you feel more comfortable. One of these tools is the “Dark Mode” feature, which completely changes the brightness and color of the app so that it doesn’t run out of eyes when using mobile or computer screens.
On your computer
If you want to use it “Dark mode” feature from your Facebook Messenger computer, you can do it without any inconvenience. However, this feature will not only apply to chats, but will be done through the Facebook interface, which can be done by following these simple steps:
- Go to the official Facebook website and log in to your account as always, now click the “Account” button in the upper right corner.
- Continued You must select the “Display and accessibility” option, you will finally need to select whether you want to turn the dark mode on or off and wait a few seconds for the changes to take place.
iPhone, iPad and Android
On the other hand, if you use the app Facebook Messenger from any Android or iOS deviceYou can turn the “Dark Mode” feature on or off at any time. Enabling this tool from your mobile is very easy and you only need a few seconds to do this, follow these steps and you will do it quickly:
- Log in to Facebook Messenger from any mobile device and log in to your account as usual.
- You already have to do it within your account click on your profile picture, is in the upper left part of the app.
- Now, you will see the “Dark Mode” option, you have to click on it and select the one you want to turn on or off so that you can make changes in a few seconds.
What other aspects of your individual chat can change?
As we said before, the Messenger app has many very useful features which will make you want to use the app more. This is in addition to changing the color of your chats or activating the dark mode of the app offers other features that you can use from any chat, private or group.
One of the features that users enjoy in individual chats is being able to change the default face to face in the chat, locate your favorite emoji or the one they use the most. Changing the face to face of the chat you want is very easy, it will only take a few seconds and you can do it as many times as you want:
- Log in to your Facebook Messenger account and find the chat you want to change face-to-face. next you press the “i” button (or in the name, if you belong to your computer).
- To be there click the “Emojis” option then select your favorite emoji to always be available and eventually the changes will be updated automatically.
On the other hand, Messenger has the option change the name of the people in the chat to the nickname you want, in a few seconds and whenever you want, following these instructions:
- Log in to Messenger and search for the chat you want to nickname.
- Continued press the “i” button if you have a mobile application or a web platform on its behalf.
- Select the “Nicknames” option to finally switch to the nickname you want to register, and it will change automatically after a few seconds.