If you want to know the way you can reset your Windows 10 computer key, stay tuned to read this article. Basically, we will explain the steps to carry out this action in different proven methods.
What are the steps to reset your Windows 10 PC password?
You can use passwords protect your computer information with Windows. This, taking into account the minimum security requirements (using lowercase, uppercase, special characters, among others).
Well, you can change the user password in Windows 10, using the security question method. Therefore, you need to know the steps to reset your PC password. Here are some of them:
- In the first instance, you must check the current version of Windows 10. To do this, you will need to press the following keys simultaneously: Windows logo + R. There, you will need to run the “winver” command.
- Once you’ve verified the current version, you’ll need to adjust your Windows 10 security questions.
- To do this, go to the start menu and select the “settings” utility.
- There, you’ll have to move to the field named “accounts.” In the popup window, go to “Login Options.”
- Then click on the phrase “update security questions.” Go to the “password” section and in the pop-up window, enter the local password.
- Then click “OK” and then specify the security questions with your answers.
- Once you’ve completed the previous step, click “Finish.” This way, when you’re on the lock screen, you’ll need to lock your PC by setting your password incorrectly several times andclick on “reset password.”
- This will display the three security questions that you have set or updated.
- After entering them, click on the login icon. Finally, you can reset your Windows 10 computer key.
What else is there to reset your password if you don’t remember the security questions?
However, you should also know that if you do not remember the security questions, there are other ways to reset your password in Windows 10. Here are some of them:
From ‘Super Admin’ account
From the ‘Super Admin’ account you can manage your login password, setting a new one for your local user in Windows 10. To do this, just follow these steps:
- Opens the command prompt by typing in the CMD boot search box.
- Click Run as administrator.
- Once the CMD has opened, you will need to run the following: wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
- You will immediately see that the command will return the Windows key installed on your computer.
Retrieve it Online
If you don’t remember the security questions, you can reset your Windows 10 computer key online. This is because there are different web pages that allow you to carry out this action easily. Just search on Google or use some free downloadable programs such as: Magical Jelly Bean.
With your password recovery removable disk, you can reset the key on your Windows 10 computer. To do this, you must create one. Follow these steps to do so:
- Verify that you’re signed in to your local Windows account.
- Proceed to connect a USB flash drive to your computer. This will back up the data before proceeding with the rest.
- Then, in the task search box, type “Control Panel” and then add it to the list of results.
- Then in the search box “control panel” type “create password reset.”
- Select the written option and follow the instructions below.
- Finally, remove the USB and proceed to store it securely. This way, when you sign in to your computer, you must choose the option that says “Use a password reset disk instead.”
From specialized software
From a specialized software, you can reset the key of your Windows 10 computer in a very simple way. You can use some of these free tools:
- Cain & Abel
- Recover Keys
Formatting your operating system
By formatting your operating system, you will be able to reset your Windows 10 computer key because all saved information will be deleted. Once you’ve formatted your PC, you’ll be able to enter a new password for your local user.
How do I reset my operating system if I can’t access it?
If you fail to regain access, the ideal would be to ask for help in the Windows technical support. This way, you can easily follow the instructions described and solve this problem.
Finally, in this article we have explained in detail all the information you need on this topic. Therefore, if you follow these proven methods, I assure you that you will be able to reset the key of your Windows 10 computer.