Electronic devices, over time, have become the most important tools within people. However, it is worth noting the constant number of relevant systems used, one of which is the MacBook. Continued use of these devices may create less optimizationslowness or cause slower information processing due to large storage of unnecessary things.
That’s right, there are ways to restore these MacBook Air, taking them to their factory values in a very simple way. Therefore, if you want to optimize the speed of your device, the ideal thing is to reset the factory settings of a MacBook, so through this article we will learn the best ways to do it without any problems.
What should you do before resetting a MacBook Air to its factory defaults?
There are two completely optimal ways to restart a MacBook together with their factory values. You can access or enter the BIOS of a MacBook without any problems, however, the ones mentioned below are the most recommended.
Create a backup
First of all, one of the options is create a backup before restarting the device. For this, the Time Machine must be used, together with an external hard disk, in which this backup will be generated. There are a variety of these external hard drives on the Internet, which can be found with different storage capacities.
- The unit must be connected to the computer before you can begin copying.
- The Apple menu icon will open and select “System Preferences” and click Time Machine.
- A brief general information will appear, where what will be backed up will appear.
- Click on the “SelectBackup” option and you will need to choose the hard drive
- Click on “Use Disk”
- Every twenty-four hours, the backup will be done so that the unit is always up to date.
- Alternatively, you can force this copy by clicking “Back Up Now” which will cause the backup to be done at the same time.
- You will have to wait until a copy of each file is made.
- And ready, the copy will be created.
Disconnect your iCloud and iTunes accounts
Another way is to disconnect each of your iCloud and iTunes accounts, as much of the information is stored in them. After restarting the device, you will be able to get it download iTunes for your MacBook Air in case you need it again. Disconnecting accounts really doesn’t take much work, and they can be connected to another MacBook Air device.
How do I erase all data on my MacBook Air?
To delete all stored data within the MacBook Air or delete a user or group account from a MacBook, follow the steps below
- You need to click on the Apple icon, which is located in the upper left corner.
- You must click on the “restart” option
- The Apple logo will reappear on the MacBook screen.
- The “Command and R” key must be pressed
- These keys should not be released until a window appears with each of the MacOS drives.
- Several options will appear, within which you must choose the “Disk Utility” to reset the device to the factory.
- When opened, you will see a list of the disks that are installed inside the device.
- They will be selected and clicked “Delete”
- A pop-up window will appear, saying “Format” and there you will choose the “MacOs Extended” option
- When this is complete, the computer will remain as manufactured, with no active operating system or information.
How do I reinstall the operating system on my MacBook Air to have the factory defaults?
Once each of the data contained in the MacBook Air has been deleted, it must be deleted to reinstall MacOS on the MacBook Air, to be able to reuse each of the things we want within it. To do this, follow the steps below:
- You will need to exit the disk utilities by selecting the “Disk Utility” option and then clicking “Quit”. This option will help the utility screen to be reinstalled again.
- Click on “Reinstall MacOS”
- The operating system will begin to be reinstalled.
- The MacOs installer will open which will guide you through the latest version of MacOS for your MacBook Air.
- You will be prompted for the disk on which you want to install, and click “Install”
- Permits will be requested and must be connected to the internet.
- When the installation is complete, you must manually accept the installation inside the computer.
- A welcome message will appear, asking you to start a new account within the system.