One of the most important updates Instagram had was the introduction of IGTV, which in principle was linked to the Instagram app itself and allowed users to make much longer videos. Recently, IGTV was separated as a separate app, but it still works the same with Instagram; so you can still share your IGTV videos on Instagram Stories.
What to do in your stories before sharing an IGTV?
Like IGTV videos they are longer-lasting multimediaThis means more work and more preparation before you do it. Unlike short videos that people usually upload, reels and story videos are made more regularly and without too much consideration of its aesthetic aspect; du IGTV videos, They tend to do more editing work to make the whole aesthetic section as good as possible.
One of the recommendations we can give you is one of the things you need to do first our IGTV video editing work, when published, to make it as presentable as possible.
Of course, you should too Have an Instagram account, It will be linked to IGTV as well. In addition to this, there is another important point that we will develop below.
Create a channel on IGTV
First, this is important count with active channel on IGTV, Which would be like having a channel on the YouTube platform. Just in case, Congratulations! Otherwise, you’ll have to create one, but it’s not hard to do that either.
To create your IGTV channel and start uploading your videos, you can do it from Instagram, IGTV or from the website. However, for the three options, the steps will be the same:
- Open the Instagram or IGTV app and then go to the TV icon with an antenna. If you want to do it from your computer, go here Official Instagram page, sign in and go to your profile, then tap the TV icon.
- In mobile apps, go to “Settings” marked with the gear icon and then “Create channel”. On the PC, this step will not be necessary after the previous step you will see the opportunity to create your own channel and IGTV.
- After doing the above, no matter what you did from the apps or computer, you need to follow the instructions that indicate them and ready, you will automatically create your channel and TV icon, it will now change. IGTV.
As we mentioned at the beginning, the two platforms continue to share, so your Instagram username is the same, it will be the same as your IGTV channel.
What are some IGTV to share on Instagram stories?
Once you’ve created your channel and put your videos inside IGTV, you might still want to share videos via Instagram Stories, to reach more people. Now, the steps to easily share videos work just like your videos, as well as videos from other users:
- You will go to the IGTV app or directly from the Instagram app, you will go to the corresponding section.
- Tap the video you want to share, as you need to open it, even if you don’t want to watch it.
- At the bottom, you’ll see three symbols (heart, comment bubble, and an arrow), and you’ll go to the last one, which helps you share posts.
- A window will open with several sharing options, especially if you want to share it with someone; But the most important thing is to be able to share your Instagram story.
- Select the video and it will take you to the section for adding stickers, letters, surveys, etc.
- When you’re done doing the above, choose the “Send to my story” option and that’s it.
Alternatively, you can also download videos from IGTV and then share them on Instagram or other social networks. You can do this from any Android or iPhone device.
Customize and send IGTV to your Story
In point 5, we mentioned this before send a video of IGTV to your story, Instagram has also allowed you to customize (not the video itself, but the story itself).
Like when you make a story out of a short video or photo, in which you can put stickers, do surveys, put filters, change background color, put text and customize; You can do this without any problems by sharing an IGTV video, if you want to customize your story a little, to attract more attention.
How does the IGTV video appear in your Instagram story?
It is important to know the stories of this social network It only supports 15-second videosBut don’t worry, it will be what the platform will do, instead of uploading the entire video, it will show a card that will allow other people to touch it, redirect it to the video’s source profile and thus view it in its entirety.
When people watch your story, they will only see the first 60 or 80 seconds of IGTV and not in full screen, but in card mode. If a person wants to see it in its entirety, he must touch that card as we mentioned in the previous paragraph.