Apple is one of the companies that has been introducing us to devices that are very useful in our daily lives, from computers to digital watches that they allow you to perform different functions on them. Also, one of the devices of this company that is considered one of the best to integrate into our daily lives, is the Apple iWatch.
However, with the Apple iWatch we can from texting to making calls and other options. But above all, one of the best applications that has been integrated into this digital watch, is “Activity”, which allows us to keep track of the steps we take during the course of the day and also helps us to have control over our health. But if you have one of these watches and you still don’t know how to use it, here we will teach you how to use it for your health benefit.
Where to see the step count in Apple iWatch?
The Apple Watch pedometer function tracks total steps as well the total distance and calories used in that activity we do during the day. With this watch you can have precise control for people who are active or for those who want to be active in their physical activity. But now, if you want to see the count of steps you take during the day or week, you’ll need to do the following:
- Sign in the “Activity” app on the Apple iWatch which is represented by the icon of a circle with colored spirals.
- Once the app is open, it will show you a summary of the day’s statistics. Right now, scroll down to find the “Total Steps” section and it gives us the total of the steps we have taken from 12:00 am to the time we are reviewing.
How do I check the number of steps in the Apple iWatch count?
Sometimes we want to know if the steps reflected in our Apple iWatch are the right ones. We can provide this step counting information check with the help of our iPhone. Since, our watch is synchronized with our phone and, therefore, in the application of activity on the phone we can verify this information. Now what you need to do is do the following:
- Log in to your phone in the “Activity” application.
- Now tap on the “History” tab, which is located at the bottom left of the screen.
- Then, you will see a calendar with the current month and there you can select the day you want to check the given step count.
- After entering the day, you will have to go down until you find the “Steps” heading which is almost at the end and you will be able to see the exact number of steps you took in the day from 12:00 am.
How do you know how many calories have been burned?
The Apple iWatch is very useful, as it offers us to have detailed the different activities we do and we can get information about our health. Also, in our Apple iWatch we can not only see the count of steps we take, but we can also view the total calories we burn in the course of the day and week, by recording any movement we take.
In addition, with this function we can lead a much healthier life. Now, to see the total calories that have been burned, you need to do the following steps:
- Enter the “Activity” app on your Apple Watch, which is represented by colored circles, and the red circle represents the calories you’ve burned.
- Once entered in the application we can see a statistic of the different records according to the activity we have done in the day. There we can find the total calories we burned while moving and that’s it.
Also, we will be able to verify this information with our iPhone phone by entering the “Activity” application and by scrolling down we will find the record of the calories that have been burned. This information will be reflected in a graph of calories burned and in the “Total” section we will see the number of calories burned actively and also passively.
What if my Apple iWatch doesn’t count?
Apple Watch watches have a lot of features that are very useful that help us every day to achieve the goals we set through its activity application. In this way, we will be able to have a better health condition and a more specific record on the follow-up of the steps we take during the day.
However, it may happen that sometimes our Apple Watch stops working and does not count our steps and we have different reasons. But even if it is very frustrating, there are some alternatives that you can use to try to solve this problem and that may work.
This is one of the alternatives that can work and is to check if the other functions of our Apple iWatch watch they are working normally or they are not doing it. In case of verification that these functions are not working at all, we will have to check the watch with the help of a technician to help us solve this problem.
The problem is common with Apple iWatch watches that do not start applications and do not keep track of the steps that are taken, but there is a solution and it is resetting the device. Now, we note that the Apple iWatch works in conjunction with our iPhone, so it will be necessary to restart both devices. Also, when you restart your devices, restart your iPhone first and then your iWatch to make sure the Watch app restarts properly.