Social media tends to have communication errors, so you shouldn’t be surprised to leave Instagram that has never happened to you and a friend tells you that you were connected, but in reality it wasn’t. then You are active on Instagram, but you are not online, here we will tell you how you can fix it.
What is it because Instagram shows that you are not active?
If for some reason you left Instagram and a friend or boyfriend tells you that you were active at a certain time and you are sure it wasn’t, we’ll tell you here what the reason is for that to happen.
You did not close the app properly
Often people find themselves browsing their personal Instagram and suddenly block their phone, but they do it unintentionally and it was inside Instagram, watching a story or chatting, and that’s why are active on Instagram
Another possible reason is that you have logged in to your personal Instagram, but via a desktop computer, and you accidentally left it open, and maybe someone else used that computer and maybe even logged into your Instagram.
Lastly, and the mistake that many people make is that they log in to see another user’s story and quickly exit the app, but they do so without watching the story they were watching. leaving the app in the background and the platform can take this as if you were online, thus showing the active status to other users.
It should be noted that there is also an opportunity someone else has your password On Instagram and you don’t know it, and this is another reason for this problem to happen.
There are problems updating
The second reason this inconvenience is happening is that Instagram appears to be active when it’s not in reality, This may be as a result of your Instagram update, since people often ignore app updates and stay with the very old version, it’s best to check which version you have on Instagram and update it to the last, so follow these steps:
If you have a mobile phone with Android operating system To review and update your Instagram version, follow these steps:
- You need to go to the Play Store on your mobile phone.
- Then in the search bar, type Instagram.
- When the app appears you will notice that there is a button next to the update, if so, you need to press it and the update will start.
- If you can’t see the button, say update, because the app doesn’t need an update.
And for people with an iPhone, To check and update the Instagram app version you need to follow these steps:
- On your iPhone, go to the official store app.
- Once inside the store, search Instagram app.
- When this app appears, you should see the update option appear next to it, if so, click the option.
- Ready, you will have updated the app with these steps.
Problems with the platform
It’s not news that sometimes platforms present a bug, so this may be another reason to have this problem with your Instagram.
How can you solve this problem with your Instagram account?
In the previous section we mentioned the reasons why this problem can happen on Instagram, and here we will tell you how you can fix it.
Clear the cache
As we have said, it is possible for the platform to create a failure and especially if the cache memory is full, often we do not realize it, then emptying that memory will delete less important information and may be the cause of the problem. In fact to clear the Instagram cache you need to follow these steps:
- You need to go to the section that says the app in your phone settings.
- Once there, select Instagram.
- On Instagram, click Delete or clear cache.
- Ready, that’s how easy it is to clear an application’s cache.
Force Instagram to stop
In the previous section, we mentioned that the problem often occurs because the application does not exit properly, then another recommendation to fix this problem. It’s about stopping InstagramTo make it very easy, follow these steps:
- On your personal phone, be it Android or iOS, go settings or configurations.
- Once in the setting, select where the application says it.
- In the apps, you can see a list of all the apps on your phone, including the ones you download.
- You need to locate Instagram, once you realize that there are several options, including uninstall, select the one that says force to stop.
- If you do that, Instagram will no longer run in the background.
Restart the mobile
Another very useful option to solve this small problem is to restart your mobile phone, if you do, all applications will close. So to reboot your device, press the power button and then reboot.
Uninstall and reinstall the application
As a last resort, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, as doing so will automatically close the session you open.
To uninstall the application drag the Instagram icon to uninstall. Then go back to the store to reinstall the Play Store or App Store, which also has the advantage that the app will come with its latest version.
What can you do to prevent Instagram from appearing when you’re active?
To avoid these inconveniences again, it is better hide your active status and here we will tell you how you can do it from your mobile phone as well as from your computer.
In the previous part, we mentioned that there are options for someone to have your password, then you can also change your Instagram password so that you can avoid another problem.
On Android or iOS
To deactivate the last connection or active status of our Instagram account via an Android or iOS mobile phone, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Go to your profile and click on the three horizontal lines at the top right.
- Then click on the settings.
- Several options will appear, select the one that says privacy.
- Already in privacy, place yourself where the status of the activity says.
- There you have to slide the blue button to the other side.
- Ready, it is very easy not to leave your last connection.
Turning off your last connection via a computer is very similar to a cell phone, and To do this, follow these steps:
- Sign in via the web version.
- Click on the circle with your profile picture at the top right.
- There you can see several options, click on the settings.
- Then click on the left side for privacy and security.
- Once there, uncheck the box that shows the status of the activity.